A Compliance Administrator oversees a firm’s corporate compliance programme; reviewing and evaluating compliance issues within an organisation. They ensure that the board of directors, management of the company, and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of local regulatory agencies.
The Compliance Administrator also works to ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that the organisation is meeting the minimum company standards of conduct. So, the Compliance Administrator develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance programme and its related activities in order to prevent illegal or improper conduct. They will also develop and review the standards of conduct to ensure they are up to date in providing proper information to management and employees.
What would I be responsible for?
You will perform quality assurance to ensure that the company meets regulatory standards. This will include:
- Ensuring all relevant due diligence documents have been received and are in order
- Completing due diligence reviews
- Upkeep of internal compliance database
- Researching and dealing with any client complaints
- Resolve identified due diligence issues and data discrepancies
- Maintenance of company files to guarantee compliance with local regulations
- Providing general administration support to the compliance team as required.
What are the standard requirements?
In this position, honesty, integrity, and the desire and ability to build great relationships is key. Prior compliance experience, with a knowledge of local procedures paired with strong administrative skills will give you the foundation you need to be successful in this position!
- A university degree is desirable or a professional qualification such as ICA, ICSA or STEP
- A working knowledge of offshore Regulatory Laws is beneficial
- Previous experience working within FATCA, AML and KYC
- Must be extremely organised with the ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
Essential skills needed to succeed…
You’ll need self-motivation and strong attention to detail, which will enable you to maintain strong compliance records for customers and clients alike. A strong working knowledge of systems skills such as MS Office applications is also required.
What if I am just starting…
Starting out in this industry can be tough as it’s a competitive market, but it is also an area with a great need in Cayman. If you have a desire to work in the compliance field it is possible to find entry level positions.